The Municipal Law Enforcement is responsible for the administration and enforcement of by-laws passed by the Town, various Provincial Statutes, as well as other duties as may be assigned by Council. The Municipal Law Enforcement Department’s main objective is to gain compliance with all town By-laws.
Inquiries and complaints are received and recorded by Customer Service. Calls for service may include the administration of the following:
- Line Fences Act (fencing disputes)
- Lot Drainage & Maintenance
- Weed Control Act of Ontario
- Traffic Studies, including but not limited to placement of No Parking Signs, Traffic Control Devices, Speed Zone Studies
- Public Entertainment (approval to hold dances, draws, parades and festivals)
- Business Licensing
- Livestock, Poultry & Honey Bees Protection (claims for damages by dogs or wolves/coyotes) (section on livestock claims here)
- Environmental matters (spreading effluent/roadside garbage)
- Lottery Licenses
- Marriage licenses
- Taxi licenses
- Ontario Building Code Act & Zoning By-Laws
- Animal Control and Dog Licensing
The Town of Innisfil Animal Control is maintained by Bye Bye Birdie. Please call Customer Service at 705-436-7410 during regular business hours. After hours please call 705-431-2882 for assistance.
Please see link to Bye Bye Birdie for further information or if you have lost a pet.
You may also wish to contact the Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (OSPCA) Barrie Branch regarding humane issues or lost animals or adoptions. 705-728-7311.
Most commonly requested By-laws
Lot Maintenance By-law-092-06
Sign By-law – 050-06
Property Standards By-law-075-02
Tow Trucks By-law – 093-02/amended by 052-03
Fencing By-law – 052-05
Taxi By-law – 026-04
Parking By-law – 043-05
Roads By-law – 011-97
Noise By-law – 051-06
Fire Arms By-law – 055-09
Drainage By- law – 073-93
Fireworks By-law – 073-10
Docks By-law – 093-10